Chia Flour , 250g , Good Pantry
Price reduced due to product Best Before date of 30 September 2018, NOT expiry.
Good Pantry’s Chia Flour is a sustainable superfood that is a nutritional powerhouse of natural plant based goodness from the tiny but mighty Chia seed. Our Chia Flour is made from crushing Chia seeds to separate the oil out, then milled to produce a highly versatile ready-to-use flour. Chia Flour contains a combination of protein, Omega 3 fatty acids, dietary fibre and essential minerals, and is a great addition to your diet. Eat good, do good.
Chia seeds are an ancient superfood, chia plants were cultivated in South America and it has been said that they were used by the Aztecs as a food for energy and endurance during battle. While the scientific benefits were not noted in ancient civilisation, they were certainly onto a good thing. We now know that Chia seeds, and our Chia Flour, hosts a vast array of health benefits that enable it to sit firmly as a Superfood. Chia Flour is high in dietary fibre, protein, minerals including calcium, iron and magnesium, antioxidants, and is a rich source of Omega 3. Our bodies need Omega 3 from our diet as we are not able to produce this healthy fat.
How to use Chia Flour
Chia Flour was developed as a convenient way to use all the goodness of Chia Seeds in your everyday diet. It works in a similar way to other flours in baking and cooking and the possibilities are endless. Among other ideas use it to:
– thickens soups, curries, and creamy dishes,
– easily substitute into baking breads, chia flour is grain free
– use as an ingredient in homemade cereals such as muesli and porridge
– blend the flour into your morning smoothie
– sprinkled over salads
– use it as a sugar-free way to set jams and jellies, knowing you are also adding a nutritional kick!
– use as an easy and vegan-friendly healthy and substitute for eggs in baking and cooking- simply soak 1 Tablespoon of chia flour in 3 Tablespoons of water to replace 1 egg in a recipe.